Jim Raw-Rees & Co was set up by Charles’s late father in 1948 and is trading from No 1 Chalybeate Street.
Charles as a child recalls the street sign fixed to the upper frontage of the building, however it disappeared in the 1970’s.
The street sign is bilingual with the Welsh Y Ffynon Hearn over the English. It is interesting to note that in mid-1960’s there was a very famous protest blocking Trefechan Bridge, the main south atrial route into the Town by Cymdeithas Yr Laith Gymraeg over wanting road sings to be bilingual in Wales, which resulted in this happening.
Charles is particularly proud of his purchase that the sign has come home to its original place and the fact that it is bilingual